Wednesday 10 March 2010

Oscar-Worthy Rooms






Being an interiors junkie, it is the film sets rather than the red carpet fashion parade that had me hooked this weekend. The last year has seen a feast of amazing interior sets, "the young victoria", "sherlock homes"and "an education"and "nowhere boy" for a glimpse into 1960's interiors. But it was the sets of " a single man" that had me drooling (that and Colin Firth). Fashion designer Tom Ford's directorial debut is visually, achingly beautiful. Charley's (Julianne Moore) living room is so seductive with plush carpeting, glam sofa, and glittering touches such as metallic-framed mirrors and decorative dressers. I like a dose of 60's nostalgia it brings back childhood memories of my mums ercol dining set, cheese-plants, trim phone and psychedelic wallpaper. I think I am going to raid the family photo albums for some more retro interior inspiration. I think being a 60's babe has influenced my choices I have loads of creme shag pile rugs around our house and introduced a shag pile carpet into a study scheme recently, very funky!

No comments: