Monday 22 March 2010

budget special



I would love oodles of cash so I could buy all the furniture I lust over and finish my darn house (preferably before we end up having to move again). The reality is me and most have to make do until that day comes (if it ever does!). But who cares it can be more rewarding having to be creative on a tight budget.

One of the easiest ways to change the look of your furniture, if you can't replace it, is to give it a bit of razzle dazzle with new handles. Unpardonably cheap they can be installed in a blink of eye. Follow in the footsteps of the fashion forward and opt for over sized handles, they add a heightened sense of drama and are fabulously exciting as a result. I've found an example of elongated door handles enlivening otherwise featureless doors. Simply spray wood precut from a DIY store and paint it a wicked colour.


Even simpler take some scraps of material and cover cupboard handles for an instant vintage look.








If you have any budget ideas to share let us know





No comments: