Sunday 27 February 2011

Free as a bird


I love finding unusual home accessories, I've been on the look-out for a Vintage Birdcage for a while. There have been quite a few I have liked but none that I loved until I found the one below and a bargain to boot at £5 (it just needed a lick of paint). Got it at the Saturday morning scrum at Rolfeys (rolfeys.co.uk) in Bath, he loads up with  lots of new stock on the weekend and it attracts a host of regular antique hunters. Its a great place for finding great vintage stuff.


Got the usual ribbing when I brought my find home  about filling the house with junk!
But there are so many things that you could do with a birdcage. Hang jewellery off the rails, display candles or even flowers inside.
For an interesting twist  anangelatmytable.co.uk do noticeboards and mirrors with a birdcage theme.




Or turn them into a funky and individual light. Like this one from Zuzu's Petals






www.id-homes.co.uk
bath interior design



No comments: