Thursday 3 March 2011

The blind side

I loved the film The Blind Side,  the story was lovely. The only distraction for me was the role Sandra Bullock played of Leigh Anne Tuohy who's career portrayed quietly in the film and in real life is an interior designer. I silently chortled as I watched her play out her private and work life plagued by phone calls about missing products, failed deliveries, wrong deliveries,  successfully side swiping them so she can deal with some drama unfolding in her private life. I thought that Sandra Bullock  mastered to perfection the knack of acting  out unflustered with a quiet air of exasperation!

Coincidentally I was watching some home makeover program recently , DIY sos,  the interior designer on set looked quietly stressed as she discovered the windows she has ordered and waiting for installation didn' quite fit the opening.  I know its wrong to gloat, but god it is great to see it all happening to someone else!

My stress level was on overload today dealing with a curtain track fitter with man flu who was too weak to hold the drill, new lamps being installed fused the switch, and the phone went so many times I hardly had time to write down another "to do" on my to do list before it would go off again. But I too have perfected the interior design smile of calm while inwardly going into meltdown!

Never mind only another week or 2 of melt down to go and it should all calm down. In the mean time I am going to plan my escape to a spa of choice to recuperate, here are my favourites (mandarin oriental NYC and soho house). Mmm oh to relax!





 lisa@id-homes.co.uk
www.id-homes.co.uk
interior design bath

No comments: